Friday, February 24, 2012

Riding Coasters

I'm in your amusement park riding all the coasters.
Rolling.. Clack. Clack. Clack.. Click. Clack..
Climbing to the tippy top..

There’s a sudden hush
followed by a shriek from a woman
with long rugged kinky hair and an orange suntan.

The wind is absent and time suddenly seems paused,
but still fizzles like a drop of ice water
on the blacktop under a heavy August sun.

I hear your voice as I descend.
Your promises tickle my ears with the wind.
Flap...flap….flap.

At every turn you grab my stomach
in your hands and shake it up
as I twist and flip upside down.

When I scream mercy, you cry out
“you’re wicked,”
you are now the victim, and threaten to cut my harness.

After released I seemingly run free,
stuck in this day, my heart tick tocking in a theme park
with fun house mirrors, clocks, and clowns.

No comments: