Saturday, April 05, 2008

comfort fruits

You love avocados---to pierce its dark bumpy skin and slice into its green sliminess
They don’t grow in this hemisphere…at least I thought they never did
I notice many foriegn fruits lately
and your pink lips that look like papayas in the kitchen
when you stir and shake the pots and pans
over the gasoline stove that clicks and makes me dance
under these white ceilings comforting as a clear sky
dreaming of canopy beds in brick houses


Thanks POEFUSION for the prompt!

4 comments:

lissa said...

great poem and great use of the friday 5 words,

I'm much of a critic in terms of poetry so forgive me for my short comment and thanks for visiting my blog

poefusion said...

I enjoyed reading your take on the Friday 5 words. You make avocados and papayas sound sensuous and I clearly hear those pots and pans clanking together over that gas
stove- something I haven't used in a long time. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to Poefusion. Have a nice day.

paisley said...

your link isn't working on poefusion.

excellent little piece of prose poetry.. thanks for joining in!!!

Tumblewords: said...

Nice work! Enjoyed the imagery...