Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Poem starter : Write...Write....Write!


Can you start a poem with this line? Send/share a link to your poem in comments below


I remember when I saw you for the first time....

I heard you move across the floor
Dancing.
You made such a violent sport
Look elegant, sexy,
Beautiful-ly
you floated past me
our eyes locked
From the floor
Laying on the ground my eyes flew towards yours
Colliding stars
giggling like children
from other worlds
playing in a deep, dark universe
Our adult selves just starred
eyes striking
jab for jab
just a glimpse
a foreshadowing
a precursor
a metaphysical spark

Months later we danced
in a deep, creamy white sky
Undercovers
laughing together
swimming forever in each others eyes
as if they were solar systems
unexplored
you were mine
for just that time
an expedition
a starry escape
a dream

Your lips spilled:
"I remember when I saw you for the
first time. You looked
at me with those 'fuck me' eyes"
Your words
struck me
The explosion
It was the salsa
Your lips,
My tongue
our electric twists and turns
the verification that I wasn't alone
that first time
the tangling of two
lost hearts
was a celestial reality

No comments: