Monday, August 18, 2014

For You



I would erase them from my mind
FOR YOU
Highlight all the pain and experiences
And then, press delete
FOR YOU
I'd like to get a remote for all my love
press restart and start it all over
Hold your hand smoothly like mine has never been so burned
FOR YOU
I want to forget that I was conceived in a bed of chaos
And lose my sick craving for men with screws loose and endless tattoos
FOR YOU
I will fight to bury my twisters and tornados into my imagination
Where they can only destroy fictional characters I write about
FOR YOU
Ill stop running like a wild woman
Surrender from hiding
among the thick green vegetation
Into your arms dressed
in camouflage and war paint
FOR YOU
I won’t be such a cynic
I won’t compare you to the rest
I won’t try to apologize for being me
FOR YOU
I’ll hold your hand and believe,
Plant my feet in the ground,
Take a deep breath,
Let them sink and stay a while






1 comment:

Preeti S. said...

Beautifully vivid. And yes, we find ourselves capable to go to certain lengths for the ones we love; maybe, because we expect the same in return.