Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cut to Grow


You walked around with a sword-
Your name engraved, as you swung / /
A rugged man
with a sea of opportunity.

Inside you was a little boy
playing pirates
capturing me,
a princess with a queen’s future.

Shackled,
You sung love songs to me
as you swung slashing away
the layers over my heart.

The days passed slow
as you whispered
foreign words into my dark cell
at the ship's bottom.

Bringing me up,
we’d walk to the end of the plank
and you swung,
taking me down, down, down....

A slow torture-
hour by hour-
limb by limb
fell to the floor

Here and now I am
only eyes tearing up
seeing you bare:
no costumes or lies

Clear vision sees
that you and I
were rotten
from the start

I move it to my memory
as lesson in love.
Cut down, but not gone
I’m left with eyes
to water my heart
and grow, grow, grow....

No comments: